Leave it to the Federal government when it comes to spending the taxpayers’ dollars. They spend wastefully and yet wonder why taxpayers are so heated when they find out how their money is being used. Thanks to Senators John McCain (R-Ariz.) and Tom Coburn (R-Okla.), we now know some of the projects funded by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009.
For example, did you know that the ARRA provided $144,541 to study coke snorting monkeys? Ironic, don’t you think? The government would rather know how monkeys react to cocaine (which seems odd considering that it is illegal to possess/use cocaine legally in the United States), instead of addressing the $14 trillion plus deficit.
This act also gave money to some other wasteful projects:
- Restoring one of the nation’s least visited parks, located on a remote island…total $13.3 million
- Upgraded office space and indoor parking for Kansas politicians…total $39.7 million plus
- Constructing a power plant that will not open for two years…total $308 million
- Capturing ants (yup, only in San Francisco…must be all the flowers in the bureaucrat’s hair)…total $1.9 million
- Do you like to dance or get your groove on? ARRA funds interactive dance software development at a cost of $762,372
So far, with Democrats in control of Congress and President Obama, spending money on wasteful programs seems to be the solution to our economic woes. However, it is leading us into an even greater depression.