I think it is time to start a new CCC tradition. One that may find many of you laughing at my list of complaints. You see, I have always had a goal to limit my complaints, eye rolling, and of course, my “bless his heart” type of moments. In the five year history of CCC, I have never had a chance to really reflect on what truly grinds my gears, as it might drive away readers. However, the loyal of my fifty or so followers may notice that I rarely complain about personal stuff on this site, partially because I want you to continue reading. With 2012 drawing to a close, I want to start a new tradition of a top ten list of what truly grinds my gears each year.
1. Laundry. Okay, it may sound like a common complaint of what grinds the gears, but it is hard to contain the number of clothing items that enters the basket by the end of a week.
2. Talk Radio. Listening to other people complain (i.e., Mark Levin), only drives me to complain much more…especially when it comes to politics. It may be great for the blog, but for my husband and others, it only drives them closer to the escape route. When it comes to sports, it always spurs conversation of a different variety. At this point, I’ll stick to 106.7 The Fan for Redskins sports and WTAM 1100 for Cleveland athletics.
3. Wedding Spam. If I didn’t use your services in planning my wedding, then I’ll never use your services. So, David’s Bridal and The Knot should leave me alone. There are millions of brides you can bother now.
4. The Fiscal Cliff. They knew about this a long time ago. Instead, they decided to play musical chairs and forget about the pain this was going to cost the taxpayers. Congratulations! You go on with your bad self, Congress.
5. The Battery Life on my Samsung Galaxy SII. Yes, I traded my iPhone 3GS in for a Samsung Galaxy SII, and now, I regret it. Why? The battery life sucks. I can charge my battery and fifteen minutes later, it will be dead again. A trip to Sprint is now in order and hopefully, I can come back to the Apple iPhone again soon.
6. The Disarray known as my Closet. Okay, I have not seen my closet floor since I moved into my place two years ago. It may not seem like something that might grind someone’s gears, but for someone who prides herself on being organized, it made me feel like I was walking on the set of “Hoarders.” It is now clean, especially since my husband needs some room for his belongings.
7. Bad Drivers. Need I say more…
8. Facebook asking you questions. Okay…Facebook must be the extension of big brother. Although, it is one of the commonly used social networks, Facebook still finds a way to exude creepiness by asking “How are you doing?”; “What’s going on?”; and “How are you feeling?” I say, “Stop the insanity,” and I’ll tell you how I feel about you prying into my privacy…geez.
9. Receiving multiple emails per day from political candidates. Need I say more…
10. Tareq Salahi for Governor. There’s a reason why Journey is so popular, eh? Come on, you crashed the White House party, and expect to be elected Governor of the Commonwealth of Virginia. That’s quite a resume…NOT!
Happy New Year! Please let me know what grinds your gears in the comments, and may you have a wonderful 2013.